How Much Does it Cost To Build a Hospital?

Hey friends I just wanted to share this article in the link below

US$800 Million Hospital


This is an 800 bed hospital which cost US$800 million. Cornwall Regional Hospital is a 400 bed hospital. To build a 400 bed hospital with all the modern equipment required I am estimating it will cost $US400 million. One of my friends who is an MD in Jamaica told me one of the main reasons for all the problems is the overcrowding. What if there was another public hospital located in Montego Bay, to relieve the pressure from Cornwall Regional, or as another friend suggested, what if there were 2 or 3 smaller hospitals of 40 beds? But I would think at least 10 more 40 bed hospitals, built over a 10 to 20 year period as part of a strategic plan to eliminate overcrowding. I am estimating a 40 bed hospital could cost US$40 million, then according to Google ( my most trusted source) there are about 80,000 people in Montego Bay. Can someone help me out with the facts? What is the ratio of hospital to people supposed to be?   Now before you say where is this money supposed to come from, that is too much money, consider that the Oyster Bay Hotel was just built for US $110 million. So if we can build a hotel to show “hospitality” to foreigners, how about a hotel to show hospitality to the sick citizens ( known as a hospital). Where are my creative thinkers? I need you to think on this matter. I am crazy enough to think it is possible. I am even crazy to think that the citizens of Montego Bay deserve it. 
https://qr.ae/TWn6im

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Minister’s Progress Report On Cornwall Regional Hospital

There Is Money Available To Build A New Hospital

Addressing The Comments From My FaceBook Post